Billing and practice analysis go hand in hand. A healthy practice knows more than just how much money is in the bank.
- Do you collect all you can at the time of service?
- Are all the services you perform cost effective?
- Do you bill properly for all the services you are entitled to?
- Do you recognize and aggressively appeal incorrect payments?
- Do you review your diagnosis coding for truncated ICD-9 codes?
- Do you use modifiers to your benefit?
- Are the codes on your fee slip obsolete?
- Do you know your days in A/R?
- Do you know your payer mix?
- Are you at risk with Medicare due to inadequate ABN for non-covered services?
- Are you obtaining & tracking authorizations efficiently?
- Do you gather potential member data when reviewing contracts?
- Are you analyzing and comparing reimbursement data?
- Do you know which other payers your contract will be utilized by?
- Is your capitation check covering the cost of treating your capitated patients?
- Should you have a “carve-out” in your capitated contract?
Together we can answer these questions to maximize your profit and let you focus on the reason you opened your practice . . . . . Patient Care.